Saturday, October 13, 2012

Casey’s 28th Birthday. Part 1



                I come from a family that believes in birthday weeks (or months. Smile. ) I began asking Casey what we should do for his birthday in May. After much hounding, he said he wouldn’t mind having a BBQ in the backyard. 

                I began thinking of invitations and themes. VETOED

                Casey said we should just text everyone to invite them. Party pooper. 

                After inviting everyone himself (he even changed the RSVP contact to himself. Lame), the party planning was underway. Casey and I had a horrible week leading up to his party Saturday. 

                He and I shopped for nutritional ingredients at Target the night before the party and went to dinner at Chili’s after. Since we were struggling I was worried about the party. Then after we left each other at the restaurant (we met up after work at Target), I caved. I followed him home. When I got there no lights were on. I was worried he hadn’t gone home. I broke in through the garage. {I’m not creepy at all.} I walked in just as he rounded the kitchen corner. Neither of us said anything for a long time. We just hugged. In the dirty bachelor pad kitchen. And, it was perfect. I knew we’d be fine. 

                Back to the party, Ashlee and I decided it should have a bit of a baseball flow (remember no themes). So off to Zurchers we went a few days before the party. I got a plastic tablecloth, centerpiece and OF COURSE a piñata. 

                The party was a hit. We disturbed the bees on the basketball hoop.








                All his besties came.

                After it all, we took a nap. 

                Casey’s favorite parts- the baseball cupcakes and everyone that came. He said it was the most people that have ever come to his birthday! Score 10 points for Kal right there.

                I’m not quite Betty Crocker yet, but he sure does love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment