Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Two Best Days at Wolf Mountain

      Casey and I usually have Sunday dinner with his family at his mom's house. He text me and said we had spent the whole day with everyone the day before and asked if he could make me dinner at his house instead.

Inside I was in a panic, I was hungry! What on earth was he thinking he could cook? Who would turn down family dinner? It's good!

 I said, okay and at about 4 he came and picked me up.

       On the way to "his house" he asked if I was hungry. Neither of us were quite hungry yet so he suggested we go drive to Snow Basin "to see how it looked since our ski passes are there."

Side Note: The day before he wanted us to go up there to get our pictures for our passes then we had a crazy flash storm.

Should I not have been tipped off?

    Casey was pretty quiet.Once again, good thing I just talk non-stop. We drove and drove. I noticed a couple of nice spots to look out and prompted Casey to stop. He did not. I kind of thought it was a bit rude, but whatever. He literally drove us through the parking lot of Snow Basin.

 Didn't even stop!

 Nervous much?

I knew something was up at this point. On the way back down the mountain, we stopped at a look out point and Casey grabbed the camera. WEIRD! We are NOT picture taking folk. So, I talked a lot and kept walking away from him. Now I was way nervous. I learned a lot about a bird called a "warbler". (or something, like I remember now, but it was one of those nature board things)



Then we took pictures and LEFT!!!

 This day is weird. What is going on? Did he chicken out? Change his mind? Does he just like weird activities and really wanted to check out the snow less mountain?

So, then he turns left to go home instead of right (either way will eventually take you home). I say "oh, are we stopping by Grandma Holmes? (maybe we want to wish her happy birthday again??)"  Casey replied, "uh. We can. We have to go somewhere else first."

As the drive continued, I got nervous. I began talking and QUOTING the Honey Boo Boo child. I am forever embarrassed and have shamed myself once again. Casey looked at me and said, "STOP! You cannot talk about this NOW!"

We pulled up to a closed Wolf Mountain.

Side Note: I'm like Hannah Hall Monitor. I DO NOT LIKE TO BREAK RULES. I can't cross a street without a crosswalk. I can't stay out too late. I like to be a law abiding citizen.

Therefore, the caution/ closed tape and barriers we a bit rough for me. We climbed around ( :) sowing my wild oats right here! ) and walked to my favorite bunny hill. Casey tried to direct the conversation (he is SO good for me.) and asked how I felt the last time I was on this mountain.

"my pants were TIGHT"
"I can NOT board"
"this is going to be bad... I'm going to embarrass myself"

Yep, I'm the girl who went that direction with the conversation. Then, I took it sentimental, but I'm keeping that for us. Sorry.

Then we stopped walking, and stood. Casey hugged me.

I quoted more movies that WE WILL NEVER MENTION.  Casey said he liked me. Or, maybe he used that L word and got on one knee. IN THE WEEDS. I was freaking out. I told him we could pretend he kneeled.  He really did it though, and asked. Then we probably kissed. He almost dropped my ring and I told him to put it away so he didn't loose it. I asked to look at his knee. Make sure I didn't have to use the Weed Be Gone on it later.

The question "you didn't hire a secret photographer so we can keep kissing right??"

So we did :)

We took a few pictures then talked- just us. It was most definitely one of my favorite conversations ever. Casey said what he really wanted to say (he was previously a bit nervous) and it was the best ever. Oh, and that part is just for us too.








Casey,

Your future wifey loves you. Please buy us this now

Love your EC



1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. A dolla make me holla at you honey boo boo. I'm obsessed with that show

    ReplyDelete