Saturday, July 27, 2013

Grateful

I started a new job right after we got engaged. As in I was offered the job two days later. Wow. It was definitely no coincidence that the open position and promotion at my work changed from Salt Lake to Weber County. I was so excited.

It has been the hardest job I have ever had in my life.
It's not just 9-5, but a constant. It's 2 a.m. phone calls and Sunday afternoons. It's always.
 I have never felt more inadequate or overwhelmed.

In December, I had to do a training for some of the staff. There were two groups. After the first training, I walked into my office and cried. I emailed my boss and said I couldn't do it. It had went horrible and it didn't make a difference. While I waited for the second group, I got on my knees and prayed. I prayed the training would go well and I could help these people know how important they were, how vital their job was. I don't remember what I said different in the second training. I do recall one person crying and thanking me for making her feel like I cared. I know I went into that second training with a new mindset and with the spirit.

I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father.

I am so grateful for the ability to communicate with Him whenever I need him and especially when I feel that it is too hard to continue.

I'm so grateful for the MANY examples I have had on how to be better each day. I am forever inspired by all of those in surrounding offices. For that boss of mine who never fails to answer his phone after hours. For those who call me their boss, but who teach me far more than I could ever teach them.

And today, it's when I had all but given up. It's when I was at a complete loss. It had been hours with no solution and no light at the end of the tunnel. And I once again prayed to my Heavenly Father. Prayed for the calm following the storm. And as it always seems to, when I felt I was at my end. It changed.

And it was calm.

Oh, how grateful I am for the power of prayer. IT WORKS. I hope that everyone has the opportunity to grow closer to Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the many options we all have as to how to draw closer to him. I am grateful to whatever religion that makes you feel closer to Him. I hope everyone has the same amazing feelings I do. I hope everyone feels the Savior's love. It is more than I could ever ask for and I am so thankful for the chance I have had to receive the gospel in this lifetime.

It is the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment