Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Did I do Enough Today?

Today was an 11 hour workday.

It's fine. We've all worked them. But after 10.5 I realized that today Case and I have been married three months. I called my favorite Mr. to feel better that he forgot too. I know 3 months isn't a huge milestone, but forgetting made me feel horrible.

It's not like I could come home and rectify the situation either. Case is downstairs working as I type.

It's the perfect storm at the Holmes' house tonight. One of us is always working. I am not complaining. I love my job and I'm so grateful for it, but man I miss that man I call my husband.

Once upon a time, I heard a talk in church. The wife always had a to-do list ten miles long. (Why do we ladies do this to ourselves?) Each day, we only feel accomplished if we complete everything on the list. Instead of this to-do list, it's important to remind ourselves at the end of the day that it's not about everything getting done, but doing enough. Doing enough to be an example of Christ to those around you. Doing enough to make a difference in the world.

So tonight, dear husband, i'll pray that I did enough for you to know how much I love you. And showed you how grateful I am that you are mine for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment